Residency Dates: September 16th – September 30th, 2017
Application Deadline: July 1st, 2017
Please answer the following questions and submit with your work samples and Paypal payment of $20 to email@example.com. Your email should have the words Summer Residency 2017 Application in the subject line. Please note that incomplete, improperly submitted or unpaid applications will not be reviewed.
1. What medium(s) will you be working in during this residency?
2. As you look back on your creative life, what is your most impressive achievement?
3. What are your goals for this residency and how will this opportunity support the development of your work?
4. Star & Snake was created as a vessel for spiritual and personal inquiry. In what ways do these themes play a role in the art you make?
5. What is your experience living communally? If you have attended any artist residencies before please tell us about the most recent program and the dates.
6. As part of your residency we ask that you give 15 total hours of your time towards caring for, building and beautifying the communal vision that is Star & Snake. Are you willing to do this? In what ways do you envision yourself contributing?
7. What special supplies, equipment or space might you need for your residency? We will do our best to accommodate you.
Writing – Submit no more than 5 pages, double-spaced in 12 point font in .doc or .txt format. Please label the file with your last name.
Visual Art – Submit 5 images of your work. Images should be .jpeg format, not more than 1000 pixels on the longest side. Please label all work LastName_1.jpeg, LastName_2.jpeg, etc. Along with your 5 images please include an inventory of the work submitted that lists the title, media, dimensions and date created.
Dance and Performance Based Work – Please upload a work sample of 5 minutes or less to YouTube and provide us with the link.
Music – Submit 1 – 3 Mp3 files of your work. Please label the files with your last name and the title of each piece.